Terms and Conditions
Hired by Design
Terms and Conditions
If Hired by design develops revised terms and conditions on their website, they will supersede those they replace.
All clients who access our website will be taken to have accepted them by accessing or using the Website.
All Products hired by the customer remains the property of Hired by Design.
“you”, “your”, “customer” and “client” refer to all users of this Website.
“we’, “us” and “our” refer to www.hiredbydesign.com.au.
- If you are under the age of 18 an adult who may hire the product on behalf of the minor.
- By accepting the terms and conditions of the hire agreement you are agreeing that you are over 18 years of age and authorised to use the chosen method of payment with the purpose of hiring the products on the order at checkout.
- Where more than one User has entered into this agreement, all users shall be jointly and each in turn liable for all payments of the Price
- The “hire fee” for the products will include all charges listed on our website in relation to your hire of products. When you hire a garment, you authorise Hired by Design to charge your payment method for your hire fee. In addition, you authorise Hired by Design to charge your payment method up to an amount to 200% of the entire original retail value of the product as set in the “retail value” on the website. Provided we only charge your payment method when you have not upheld your commitment to us as set forth in the hire agreement below.
- Hired by Design reserves the right to change the Price in the event of a variation to the User’s requirements
- In the event an invoice is issued for payment for any reason then payment shall be due within seven (7) days of the date of the invoice.
- Payment may only be made by credit card (Mastercard and Visa accepted) or by any other method as agreed to between Hired by Design and the User.
- It is at Hired by Design discretion that a bond may be required. This bond shall be refunded upon return of the garment in a condition acceptable to Hired by Design.
- Hired by Design requires a $100.00 bond but varies depending on the garment, which is fully refundable if the garment is returned in a condition acceptable to Hired by Design. Customer authorises Hired by Design to deduct repair or extra cleaning costs from this amount if any damages incurred.
- All bond refunds/releases are processed when the dress is returned to us in line with our terms and conditions.
- For bonds charged, the bond is refunded please allow up to 10 days to appear on your credit card statement as a refund transaction.
- Size charts are made available and a guide to assist you in picking the right size. If you need assistance please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with our specialised team to guide you to your perfect fit.
- If on the date of booking your garment is not the perfect fit, you may contact us to find a replacement of same value pending on availability. Unfortunately, no refunds or credits will be issued.
Defects in Garment
- It is the clients responsibility to inspect the garment on pickup or delivery and notify of any alleged defect or damage. Failure to notify Hired by Design within 2 hours of receiving the garment will void all responsibility of Hired by Design. All responsibility of damages will then be the clients.
- A photo of the damages is required to be emailed to email@example.com within the 2 hours
- The Client acknowledges that the Garments which they are hiring from Hired by Design may not be in their original condition and are therefore may be subject to general fair, wear and tear.
- Hired by Design retains property of the Garment, all risk for the Garment passes to the Client on pickup and delivery.
- The Client accepts full responsibility for the safekeeping of the Garment.
- If the Garment gets lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair, whether or not such loss, theft, or damage is unintentional the Client will be liable to pay for replacement of the item of 200% of the retail price as displayed on website.
- If you choose the delivery service, the delivery charges will be added at checkout. We rely on third parties to provide delivery services. We will not be responsible if estimated timelines are not met due to postal failures or delays.
- All parcels are delivered using express post and signature is not required. If you wish to track your item you must provide a mobile number for the post to provide you with notifications.
- The parcel is able to be left in a safe place on the post discretion and a photo image will be taken for evidence. This is deemed the parcel to be delivered. The hirer will solely responsible if lost or stolen.
- To prevent the above scenario taking place we suggest you have the parcel delivered only via a signature acceptance.
- Once the garment has been delivered all responsibility is the the lender.
Title To Hired Garment
- If the Client fails to return the Garment to Hired by Design we are then entitled to enter into land and premises owned, occupied or used by the Client, or any premises where the Garment is situated and take possession.
You agree to treat our products like you would your own. You will treat the garment with the upmost of care. You will be required to pay for any damage caused to the garments.
It is up to the discretion of Hired by Design to decide how much is charged for damage. If the item is damaged beyond repair, you will be charged the recommended retail price of the garment/s.
What is deemed ‘unrepairable’ is up to the discretion of Hired by Design.
Default and Consequences of Default
- If the Client owes Hired by Design any money the Client shall indemnify Hired by Design from and against all costs incurred by Hired by Deign in recovering the debt (this includes any and all cost associated with administration, legal fees, collections agency costs or associated administration charges, and bank dishonour fees).
- Without prejudice Hired by Design may have, if at any time the Client is in breach of any obligation under these Terms and conditions Hired by Design may repossess the Garment or suspend or terminate the supply of Garment to the Client and any of its other obligations under the Terms. Hired by Design will not be liable to the Client for any loss or damage the Client suffers because Hired by Design has exercised its rights under this clause.
Hire Period and Late Fees
- Where Garment has not been returned to Hired by Design by the agreed Hire Return Due Date then Hired by Design shall be entitled to charge additional Hire Fees until the Garment is returned to Hired by Design and the Client authorises Hired by Design to deduct such additional Hire Fees from the Client’s credit card which was provided at the time of placement of the Client’s order.
Each day will incur a Forty Dollars ($40.00) late fee and will continue to accrue until 200% of the value of the garment is reached as indicated on our website.
- If the Client pays Hired by Design an amount equal to 200% of the recommended retail value in late fees and the Client still has the item(s) in their possession, the item(s) is The Client’s to keep.
- If the Client has not returned the rental item(s) within 25 days after the return date, Hired by Design will consider the hire item(s) as non-returned and will charge the Client’s credit card 200% of the recommended retail value minus the late fees that the Client has already paid.
- You agree to return your product on the order return date (or next business day if your return date falls on a Sunday or public holiday) by 4pm using the prepaid return envelope provided.
- If you lose your packaging it is your responsibility to return the items(s) to Hired by design within one (1) business day of return date. You must purchase return shipping at your own expense and provide the tracking number to Hired by Design.
- Hired by Design will not be held liable for products which are late or lost in transit due to your chosen method of shipping.
- If you return your item(s) via an Australia Post Outlet (highly recommended) where it will be scanned over the counter as proof of lodgement then you will not be responsible for late fees provided the item(s) are lodged by 4pm on your return date (or next business day if your return date falls on a Sunday or public holiday). If you post your item(s) via an Australia post box you will be charged $40 each day the dress is received after one (1) business day of your return date.
Dry cleaning is included in your hire and you agree that no attempts will be made to clean, alter, iron/press garment/s.
Hired by Design shall not be held liable for any health-related complaints associated with a product hired from our site. Our products have been worn by other consumers prior to your rental.
You may cancel your hire order subject to the following cancellation fees and policies:
- Cancellation seven (7) or more days in advance of the delivery date, there is no cancellation fee and you will receive a full refund issued to the payment card you used for the order.
- If you cancel seven (7) or fewer days in advance of the delivery date, you will receive a credit note for the Hire Fee associated with the cancelled order.
- Cancellations will not be accepted on days where there is a sale or a promo offer.
Credit notes are valid for a period of 6 months unless otherwise stated by Hired by Design and can only be used to hire another garment (Please note: The credit note will expire if not used).
The Client shall:
- immediately notify Hired by Design of any damage to the Garment that occurs during the Hire Period;
- on termination of the hire, return the Garment, complete with all accessories, in good order as given, to Hired by Design;
- keep the Garment in their own possession and control and shall not assign the benefit of the hire contract nor be entitled to lien over the Garment;
- not alter or make any additions to the Garment or in any other manner interfere with the Garment.
* not apply fake tan within 48 hours of before wearing the Garment (if a light coloured Garment)
Warranties and disclaimers
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, we make no warranties or representations about our services under these Terms or in regard to the Content.
- We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate without notice your access to our services under these Terms or any Content at any time without notice and we will not be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may arise as a result.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, in no event shall we be liable for any direct and indirect loss, damage or expense – irrespective of the manner in which it occurs – which may be suffered due to your use of our services and/or the information or materials connected with our services under these Terms.
- Hired by Design will not be held liable if the garment is lost in transit and does not arrive to client for the period of hire.
Pick-ups & Deliveries
- You can either collect your dress from our store at the allocated time, see pickup and delivery hours noted on the website. Alternatively, we can deliver dresses Australia-wide using Australia Post tracked Express service.
- The bond is charged/authorised when we post your dress or when you pick it up in store. This is normally $100, but it varies for some dresses. The amount will be disclosed at the time that you place your order.
- When hiring a dress either online or in store, the bond is charged to a Visa or MasterCard.
Return Your Dress
- After your event, returning your dress is simple. Simply bring it into the store at the designated return time or, if necessary, we can arrange a prepaid envelope to be picked up with your garment.
- For dresses delivered to you, a prepaid envelope will be delivered along with your dress for you to return the dress in.
- If posting the garment back, it is to be posted in the envelope that was provided by Hired by Design, the next business day following your event, over-the-counter at your local Australia Post office.
- *Please do not put the envelope in a post box as there is no proof that you have sent it in this case.
- Once it is posted, we track it from there!
- There is no need to clean the dress; we take care of that!
- We will use the information from your order to send you email marketing on occasion. We don’t however pass on any of your detail including your email address to any other companies or corporations. You may opt out of receiving those emails by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instagram Photo Tagging and Facebook
How to participate
- User must post photos of themselves wearing an outfit hired from Hired by Design on Instagram
Tag @hiredbydesign in their photo
Mention @hiredbydesign in description
By posting via our social media pages you have the chance to be featured on our website and are consenting for us to use your image in future promotional marketing.